Ain’t no party like a summer party to instantly lift your mood. And what goes well with summer? Fruit salad of course! To add some colour and creativity to your next summer soiree, the talented team over at Poppies for Grace have shared with us this adorable summer berry decoration to add some pop to your party.
SUMMER BERRY DECORATION
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Red Tiny honeycomb balls*
Green crepe paper*
Honeycomb balls in various sizes*
* Available from poppiesforgrace.com
1. Cut out leaf shapes from the crepe paper, there’s need to be too particular about the shape.
2. Cut out thin rectangles from the crepe paper, fold and twist to make the stem.
3. Cut the top & bottom off the honeycomb ball and cut some bulk from the side to make the berry thinner at the bottom & larger at the top.
4. Fold the leaf and stick to one side of the honeycomb, flip and stick on one or two more leaves to the other side.
5. Stick the stem down the centre of the ball.
6. Fold open & secure with paper clip.
Setting the table:
1. To make a centrepiece, pile large, small & mini honeycomb balls, along with honeycomb fruit & some of your smaller strawberries. You may like to add jars of bright flowers.
2. Place a small coloured paper plate on top of a larger size in a different colour. Add in paper cups, straws and a yummy bottle of fizz next to each plate.
3. Place the napkin on the plate and a homemade paper strawberry on top. You may like to add a little tag to this to make a place setting. Fruity fun!