It's not easy being green... unless you're making this delish Green Pizza from Bonds food blogger From The Kitchen! Perfect for sharing (or keeping all to yourself!) - check out the recipe below...
GREEN PIZZAS WITH ROCKET, WATERCRESS, ZUCCHINI & AVO
We are total pizza fans in our house, and usually head straight for toppings such as prosciutto and mozzarella or smoked salmon and capers – but for a totally green version this is my new favourite! Surprisingly packed with flavour the cheesy base gives way to sweet just-cooked zucchini, flash roasted broccoli, peppery rocket and watercress and creamy avocado – but the icing on the cake is the lemon and garlic spiked oil and sprinkling of basil leaves – phwaor!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 small clove garlic, crushed
3 thin Turkish pizza bases
1 cup grated Parmesan
1 cup grated mozzarella
1/2 head of broccoli, cut into florets
2 large zucchini, finely sliced into strips with a vegetable peeler
200g buffalo mozzarella or bocconcini
1 cup rocket leaves
1 cup watercress
2 small avocados, finely sliced
¼ cup basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 240˚C and put two oven trays in to heat up.
2. Mix oil with lemon zest and garlic and set aside.
3. Divide Parmesan and grated mozzarella between pizza bases.
4. Top with zucchini strips and broccoli, then drizzle with one teaspoon of flavoured oil per pizza.
5. Dot with buffalo mozzarella and sprinkle with chilli flakes (optional).
6. Transfer pizzas to heated trays and cook for 10 – 11 minutes until golden and bubbling.
7. Divide rocket, watercress, avocado and basil leaves between pizzas and drizzle each again with another teaspoon of olive oil.
8. Season with sea salt and serve immediately.
See more delicious recipes from From The Kitchen on our blog here!