- Where can I buy the Bonds Wonderbums range?
The new Bonds Wonderbums™ range is available from bonds.com.au (free shipping & returns Australia wide), in Bonds stores and at selected retailers, including Woolworths, Big W and Baby Bunting. From July, the range will also be available in Target (online only) and Farmers (NZ).
- What are Bonds Wonderbums?
Bonds Wonderbums™ is our new innovative reusable nappy for life's messy bits. Designed with fast absorbing materials to keep bub comfy and dry, our Wonderbums™ is designed as an alternative to disposable nappies – helping to reduce the flow of disposables ending up in landfill.
- How do Bonds Wonderbums work?
Three words: Moisture Management Technology. Bonds Wonderbums™ combines FRSH™ anti-odour protection and fast-absorbing materials to keep bub comfy & dry.
- How long do Bonds Wonderbums last?
With proper care and use, you can expect your Bonds Wonderbums™ to last until bub has outgrown them.
- Are Bonds Wonderbums tested for safety?
Bonds Wonderbums™ have been tested in line with our strict guidelines and meet the requirements of both REACH and OEKO-TEX® STANDARD 100, Class 1 for babywear.
- Can my bub wear Bonds Wonderbums without additional protection?
Yes, Bonds Wonderbums™ have been designed to wear without additional protection and as an alternative to disposable products. Each Wonderbums™ nappy comes with a reusable insert, which are also sold separately if you want to stock up on extra inserts as a back up.
- Will my bub feel wet wearing Bonds Wonderbums?
Our Bonds Wonderbums™ reusable nappies have been designed with fast absorbing materials to keep your bub feeling dry.
- What’s the difference between Bonds Wonderbums and Bonds Whoopsies?
Great question! Bonds Wonderbums™ are a reusable nappy with FRSH™ anti-odour protection and fast-absorbing materials to keep bub comfy & dry. Our Bonds Whoopsies™ are daytime toilet training undies designed to contain little oops moments and mimic the feeling of being wet to help assist in toilet training. These are mostly used to transition bub out of nappies.
- How do Bonds Wonderbums control odour?
Bonds Wonderbums™ is made with innovative FRSH™ anti-odour protection. A number of its layers have a treatment which uses peppermint oil as the active ingredient to provide durable freshness & lasting odour control.
- How do I take care of / wash my Bonds Wonderbums?
- Bonds Wonderbums™ are easy to wash and reuse. Simply follow these five easy steps;
Not planning to wash straight away? Keep reusable nappies as dry as possible until it is time to wash. We'd suggest popping in an airy basket without a lid to store (this is known as dry pailing) for no more than 2-3 days after use.
- Step 1: Remove and dispose of any solids.
- Step 2: Run a cold water pre rinse cycle in your washing machine.
- Step 3: Wash up to 40°C (making sure the tabs are fastened during wash andyou use a plant-based stain remover, no chlorine bleach or fabric softeners).
- Step 4: Line dry in shade, no tumble drier.
- Step 5: Re-use and wear again!
- How many nappies do I need?
- It's totally up to you! Bonds Wonderbums™ can be used as a daytime nappy solution, or as a backup alongside other products. If you're looking to convert to reusables full-time - we'd recommend 12-16 nappies for full daytime use, depending on your child, washing cycles and dry times.
- How often do you change Bonds Wonderbums?
- Bonds Wonderbums™ are designed to be worn for 2-3 hours, just like any other reusable nappy. This is dependant on the child and if they are a heavy wetter they may need to be changed more frequently. We recommend checking their nappy after every feed, and that you don't leave them on longer than 3 hours.
- Can my bub wear Bonds Wonderbums overnight?
- Bonds Wonderbums™ are designed to be worn for 2-3 hours. Like other reusable nappies, overnight usage would depend on when and how much your bub wets and how frequently they are changed throughout the night.
- My bub has sensitive skin. What are Bonds Wonderbums made out of?
- Bonds Wonderbums™ have been designed with a polyester/elastane brushed fleece fabric upper layer to ensure it's soft on bubs skin and fast absorbing to keep them dry, which helps avoid nappy rash and irritation. If you're a new user to reusable nappies, we'd recommend checking the nappy more frequently than normal to ensure that the nappy isn't left on for too long.See below for the full product fibre contents:WONDERBUMS REUSABLE NAPPY OUTERMain: Cotton/ElastaneLining: Polyester/ElastaneInner Lining 1: Viscose/HempInner Lining 2: Cotton/Thermoplastic PolyurethaneHook & Loop: Nylon/PolyurethaneBack Elastic: Nylon/Elastane/PolyesterLeg and Gusset Elastic: Nylon/ElastaneWONDERBUMS REUSABLE INSERTUpper: Polyester/ElastaneFilling: Viscose/HempLower: Cotton
- After use, do I need to rinse Wonderbums before putting in the wash?
Yes, as per our care instructions, we suggest you remove and dispose of any solids and run a cold water pre rinse cycle in your washing machine to remove excess soiling before putting in the main wash.
- Do I need extra inserts?
For regular use, we'd recommend stocking up on extra Wonderbums™ reusable inserts. Our inserts are sold separately in 2pk or 3pk options. Depending on your baby, there may be some occasions you can just change the insert without needing to change the nappy too.
- How do the inserts work? Do I need to wear them everytime with the Nappy for it to work effectively?
Your Bonds Wonderbums™ nappy comes with a reusable insert, which is all you need to get started. The insert has been deasigned to sit inside the nappy as the top protective layer, and is recommended for use every time to ensure optimal absorbency and leakproof protection.
- Can I soak Wonderbums?
It's not recommended to soak Bonds Wonderbums™ after use. We recommend removing any solids and running a cold water pre rinse cycle in your washing machine to remove excess soiling before putting in the main wash. If not washing right away, we'd suggest popping in an airy basket without a lid to store (this is known as dry pailing) for no more than 2-3 days after use.
- Can I use a disposable nappy liner with the reusable nappy?
Yes, you can use a disposable liner with our Wonderbums™ reusable nappy and insert. This can help with the cleanup of solids and shouldn't affect the absorbency of the nappy.
- My Wonderbums are leaking, is there something wrong/faulty?
- Bonds Wonderbums™ are designed to be worn for 2-3 hours, but as each baby and their bladder capacity is different, this may differ for everyone. We'd recommend checking the nappy after every feed, and more frequently than you normally would to best understand the right length of time for use.Leaky nappies can also occur when the fit isn’t quite right. We suggest a snug fit around the legs and waist. To achieve the perfect fit make sure the adjustable tabs are fastened securely so the nappy is sitting close to the body. Our Bonds Wonderbums have been designed to fit most babies who are 6-18mths, but as every baby is a different size, shape and weight there may be some that it doesn't fit.If you are changing your nappy regularly and have checked your fit but still find nappies leaking, please get in touch.
- How does the Bonds Wonderbums nappy sizing work?
- Bonds Wonderbums™ are designed with adjustable gripping tabs for a snug, flexible fit. We've developed our 6-18 months sizing based on rigorous testing and wear trials to deliver the comfy fit you know & love from Bonds. As every baby is a different size, shape and weight, there may however be some that it doesn't fit.
- Why don't you have other sizes?
- Bonds Wonderbums™ are designed with adjustable gripping tabs for a snug, flexible fit. We've focused on size 6-18 months for launch, but will be expanding the range to include other sizes down the track - stay tuned!
- Can I wash reusable nappies with my other clothing?
- Yes. Once you’ve rinsed your nappies, or pre-washed them separately, you can put them in with your other clothing on the main wash cycle at up to 40°C (making sure the tabs are fastened during wash).
- I don't like touching poo, what can I do?
- Our Bonds Wonderbums™ inserts sit inside the nappy against baby’s skin to catch solids and make it easier to manage number twos. At change time, just lift the insert and pop the poo in the loo, then run a cold water pre rinse cycle in your washing machine to remove excess soiling before putting in the main wash.
- Can I send reusable nappies with my child to daycare/childcare?
- Yes! We'd suggest chatting to your childcare provider first to understand the options available. Check out our handy guide to using reusable nappies at child care here.
- What Bonds store locations can I find the Wonderbums range in?
The Bonds Wonderbums™ nappies are available at the following Bonds store locations - VIC; Doncaster, Chadstone Kids, Eastland Kids, Fountain Gate Kids, Highpoint Kids, Werribee - NSW; Greenhills, Bondi Kids, Miranda Kids, Parramatta Kids, Rouse Hill - QLD; Pacific Fair, Indooripilly Kids - SA; Marion.
- How can I claim a free Wonderbums reusable nappy to try?
1/ Sign up or sign into your Bonds & Me account.
2/ Browse our entire range and add at least one item to cart ($49 minimum spend).
3/ When you’re done shopping, proceed to checkout.
4/ Select “ADD YOUR FREE GIFT” at the checkout and select your preferred Wonderbums™ reusable nappy colour. Note, this is subject to availability.
5/ Your free Bonds Wonderbums™ nappy and insert will be added to your cart. Follow the prompts to checkout as normal.
- I can’t see the option to add a free gift at checkout. What do I do?
Make sure you are logged in to Bonds & Me. If you are, try clearing your checkout and clearing cache in your browser settings.
- Can I rinse by hand?
Rinsing is a helpful step to ensure all wee is removed. We’d suggest a cold water pre rinse cycle in the washing machine, but you can rinse by hand if preferred. Simply ensure you rinse under tap until water runs clear and then pop into your main wash cycle.
- What's the impact of switching to reusables?
If you make the switch to using Bonds reusable nappies during the day you can save approximately 1100 disposables nappies and over 95kg of waste going to landfill in a year.* Find out more about our Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) here.
*Data based on Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) of one Bonds Wonderbums reusable nappy with insert compared to 100 disposable nappies. Comparison with 100 disposables based on assumption in LCA that the lifetime of a Bonds Wonderbums reusable nappy is at least 100 washes.